Our Most Popular Posts

Friday, December 20, 2013

December 7, 2013 - Boomtron - Anthony Head's new Syfy series "Dominion" is given a full swason

Dominion Syfy
There can be no denying that the people at Syfy are clearly in awe of Dominion, the pilot based on the 2010 film Legion. While it’s usual for Syfy to take its time when deciding whether or not to enter into a new relationship with a series,Dominion has been given a series order a mere four months after its pilot was greenlit. While I’m pretty much decided on how I feel about the potential of this series, I shall save that until the very end of this post. For now I’ll tell you what you can expect from this series when it premieres next year.
The supernatural drama is set in 25 A.E., where an army of lower angels have assembled under the leadership of Gabriel. They’ve been waging a war of possession against mankind. The archangel Michael has turned against his own kind, siding with humanity in their newly fortified cities. The series stars Christopher Egan, Tom Wisdom, Roxanne McKee, Alan Dale, Anthony Stewart Head and Luke Allen-Gale. Scott Stewart is directing the pilot and executive producing with Vaun Wilmott writing. Expect the series to premiere some time in 2014, according to Deadline, at which point I will hopefully have forgotten it exists.
I’ll be straight with you: I thought Legion was a terrible movie. I’m all for religious thrillers, but the subject matter of Legion was so far out of the realm of believability that I just couldn’t stand watching it. I mean, how does it make sense God would decide to kill all the humans knowing a baby was born that was destined to save humanity? That’s sloppy writing and doesn’t match up at all with Christian theology in the slightest. I don’t expect a movie to get all the details write when taking advantage of a religion’s theology, but Legion was so off base. I can’t imagine Dominion being any better if it’s picking up where Legion left off.

No comments:

Post a Comment